Imperial Defenders

A place for Imperial Defenders and friends to come together
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Post subject: AION
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:24 pm 

Is anyone playing this? It looks cool but wanted to get some player feedback before forking over $50...

The best thing about an MMO: The other players.
The worst thing about an MMO: The other players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:06 pm 

My brother plays it, he used to play wow on a pvp server for years. I watch him sometimes, what type of info are you looking for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:45 pm 

I'm not sure exactly, just general questions... is it fun, a WoW clone, is every server pvp? I hate logging into a game and getting smashed to bits over and over because higher level people like picking on the noobs. <not a pvp fan at all

what sets it apart from WoW to make it more fun(other than flight)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:01 am 

Well the graphics are great but he has a very high end pc so that can add to the visuals I am sure. The game pushes people to group, it is very hard to solo after a certain level apparently. Also the game is very pvp focused, once a player reaches 20 or 25 they can enter an area called the Abyss which is between the two faction worlds to do quests, etc., and it's a warzone. Also players from the opposing faction can "rift" into your area for quest objectives and it depends on the players as to what occurs. The motto I have heard is red = dead. He suggested www.aiononline.com which has forums so you can read on the current happenings, it might answer some of your questions.

Umm, what else...guilds are called Legions, and those legions gain level and access to buy goodies based on number of members, total legion assets in the legion warehouse, and abyss points. So from the sounds of it, if you are not very pvp focused it might not be the game for you. My brother tells me I would suck at the game because I am too casual and still control my characters with my mouse and arrow keys in WOW which is apparently "not" the way to watch your back and be on the move for pvp hahaha...I guess all servers are pvpve...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:08 am 

My BF just bought it off of steam but we can't get anything lower than 2k ping and it has a rubber band effect where u move forward then get lagged back. It is unplayable like this. None of the fixes have worked yet so we are going to try to get our money back and maybe buy it later IF the ping problem gets fixed. Apparently a lot of people are having this problem.

Also my bf thinks the characters are pretty but the landscape is basically exactly like wow and he was hoping for more. So try it out, let me know how your ping is and maybe get money back if you are not satisfied. If they allow that :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:56 pm 

I think i'm gonna pass on this game. i won't like the pvp aspect of it. Good luck with getting your money back Kamia..usually with digital downloads they won't do that. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:29 pm 

Have a friend at work that is playing it. He is big into pvp games though. He said it's better than Age of Conan and Warhammer, but doesn't see it quite as refined as WoW. However, he said your toons can fly by themselves for short periods of time (hokey in my book).

WhoDatDere - Night Elf Warrior Protection/Arms
Treahugger - Night Elf Druid Resto/Balance
VernonDozier - Dwarf Priest Discipline/Shadow
Conniver - Night Elf Rogue BC Content Only