Imperial Defenders

A place for Imperial Defenders and friends to come together
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:14 am 

Kaylvand wrote:
Lisse wrote:
It runs on a Netbook! Well, it's not so great but it works!

Do you have the netbook setting checked in the settings? What does it do differently on a netbook or does it just ramp down graphics etc.

We had to delete a config file or something and checked the netbook mode. Honestly, I don't know what it does but the framerate reminds me of Dalaran whenever I first zone in. I'll stick to Minesweeper, Solitaire, and reading E-books on my netbook. Maybe I can find Lemmings later!

Lisse - Professional Weed Puller and Critter Tamer
Vanye - Use to be a warchicken but now just a roost
Ysabelle - Cannot remember how to play

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:52 pm 

I have to say Torchlights armor modeling is a touch eclectic. This guy has looked worse than any toon I've leveled in WoW.

Twitpic
*edit Twitpic changed the url to the fullsize .jpeg. Here's the link to the twitpic page.

Last edited by Kaylvand on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:07 pm 

can't see the pic you linked but yeah at some points it was a bit fugly. my current helmet looks like a bucket >.> the rest looks ok though.

haven't finished it yet, just bought it this morning to kill a few minutes while they put the paddles to Hyjal's hamster and next thing i knew 3 hours were gone lol. that in itself makes it feel like diablo to me. me and my roomate used to play d2 and every weekend it was like, Oh hey, the sun's up. how about that. :D

do you get to go back through it on a higher difficulty once you finish the main quest like D2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:48 pm 

....i just found this weapon

Sword of Adam
260 damage per second
1 socket
59 emotional damage
18 jauntiness
5 socks
42 futuristicness
1285 resistance to logic
2 noodle arms
10% increased gold find
20% increased magic find
coveys 10% chance that target flees for 3 seconds

flavor text is "Wizaaaards!"

LOL. funny looking. hilt looks like some dude's face, with a handlebar stache. named for one of the artists that worked on the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:44 pm 

Yeah, that sword is one of the easter egg weapons in the game. There's some wand also. I love that the Sword of Adam talks to you as it hits things. My favorite thing I've heard it say is "You're good" then another hit later it'll whisper "You're not good."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:52 pm 
Admin

OK. I don't really want to know this. Well, yes I do.

I have been playing this game since the first day it came out. (BTW, The patch does make it load faster and more enjoyable, go get it if you have not.)

Anyway, I just hit level 39 on my main character. That is playing every chance I get. And spending very little time in town.

What is your highest level character?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:04 pm 

Kindlen wrote:
...What is your highest level character?

My Destroyer is 29 and I'm in the Lost Fortress Floor 28.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:12 pm 

Think my destroyer is 22, that's all I got for now. Think I just finished the Lava area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:18 pm 

What spells do you slot? I've got Identify, Town Portal, Retribution and Fireball on my toon and Heal All and Summon Skeleton on my dog.

I've been thinking about ditching the fireball for another summoning spell like zombies or the Skeleton Archers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:46 pm 
Admin

My pet has Summon Flaming Sword V and Frost Bolt VI.

My Vanquisher has Identify, Haste VII, Elemental Overload, And Elemental Protection.

I find that with the Vanquisher that I have enough offensive abilities that using support spells on my toon is the best. That and I just do not have the reaction time needed anymore to deal with the "aiming" and the different spells.

BTW, just got a weapon which has the chance to turn the opponent into a friend for 20 seconds upon hit. It is nice when going up against groups, however it seems to last more than 20 seconds. Which sucks when a boss gets it.... Gotta wait a long time till I can fight them for loot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:58 pm 

Kindlen wrote:
...BTW, just got a weapon which has the chance to turn the opponent into a friend for 20 seconds upon hit. It is nice when going up against groups, however it seems to last more than 20 seconds. Which sucks when a boss gets it.... Gotta wait a long time till I can fight them for loot.
Yeah I had charm on my pet for a while but I got tired of having bosses on my side... The dog did too good of a job charming the mobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:28 pm 

I stand corrected with enough unique items with the same name you can almost look like you've got an armor set ;)