Imperial Defenders

A place for Imperial Defenders and friends to come together
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Post subject: Heyas
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:47 pm 
Admin

Thought I would check in with anyone who still might linger in the forums. It seems WoW has lost even more interest. I myself have not been around for some time, but I've been checking to see if others have been logging in (via armory) to see if we've aquired any more players.

It seems the game has lost its appeal to most people. IMO, there are just too many other (better) choices around to lure gamers to. Despite this, I still think of logging in just to mess around a bit. Even new games that draw my attention get old after a time. I think the nail in the coffin for WoW will be TES Online and Neverwinter Online. When those games come out, it could seriously reduce the entire WoW population significantly (but that is just speculation).

I still would like to keep in touch and I have steam logged in most of the time so feel free to hit me up. defender80s steamID

Post subject: Re: Heyas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:52 pm 
Admin

Hey Little.

I still look at these forums about once a week.

Kindlen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:52 am 
Admin

hehe, woot!

Seems our days gone by are really, the days gone by :-D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm 

I won't lie, TES Online has really piqued my interest. I've always loved the scale of the Elder Scrolls games. I'd love to see a dynamic world with Skyrim's environmental graphics style.

WoW really hasn't been wowing me lately either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 pm 

I may take a look at Elder Scrolls On-Line, but to be honest I didn't like Skyrim. I don't like the graphics style and I especially disliked the combat system which seemed stiff an unnatural to me. Since the game seems to preserve at least these two parts of Skyrim I doubt I'd play it for long.

“Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” Erasmus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:18 am 
Admin

Man, I have not had time to play anything in a while. I play 15 minutes of minecraft with my son 2-3 times a week before his bath/bedtime.

I took a new position as a program manager recently, the work is rewarding, and I am learning a lot. But I am going to have to find some play time for something soon!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:17 pm 
Admin

Yrag wrote:
I may take a look at Elder Scrolls On-Line, but to be honest I didn't like Skyrim. I don't like the graphics style and I especially disliked the combat system which seemed stiff an unnatural to me. Since the game seems to preserve at least these two parts of Skyrim I doubt I'd play it for long.

The combat style can seem quite different compared to WoW. It definitely takes some practice but IMO requires a different skill because you have to REALLY aim if you are ranged. For melee types it seems similar, but only because you are required to be up close, however because there is no auto targeting, melee will not automatically hit their opponent. Also there is the lack of combo points/special abilities routine that WoW's combat system uses. TBO, I really want to see what melee vs. ranges pvp will be like with TES style combat system.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:33 pm 

I probably liked the combat system in Tera the best. GW2 isn't bad, but I don't like GW2 movement, too floaty. Skyrim felt more like a hacked up D3 type system ;-)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:41 pm 

i still check in occasionally - haven't played in some time. I do miss it but for the best as life adds more responsibilities!! My gaming is spent helping my 5 year old on Angry Birds Star Wars edition. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 pm 
Admin

More than semi-retired from WoW. Still looking for my TES Online beta invite o.0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:22 pm 

I still play WoW when I can. What I've seen of TES leaves me cold, but then I don't like the single player Elder Scrolls games. Heck I only played Skyrim for a couple of hours. I didn't like the combat system and the found the graphics mostly unappealing.

WoW is probably the most casual friendly it has ever been. Timeless Isle has been fun and I've even done most of the raids in LFR easy mode to see the new bosses, etc. It is much easier to gear up for casual raiding and PvP in 5.4. I enjoyed SWTOR, but once I finished all of the character stories, and it went F2P, didn't see much reason to continue. No where as much to do in that game as there is in WoW.